Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday, October 22-Put a Bead in Your Nose, Would ya??

I've been letting Liv make necklaces with beads. She'd been doing fantastic with them, making necklaces, being responsible-MORE responsible than I would expect a 3 year old to be. This is what lulled me into a false sense of security. Now, we'd gone over the rules of the beads. No sticking them in your nose, ears, mouth, etc. You'll have to go to the drs, etc etc etc. She knew the rules. Well, I'm sitting here one day, and Liv carried a bead to the bathroom. I didn't think anything of it (hind sight is 20/20, I know) and all the sudden, she's peeing, and yelling, "Mom, I have a bead up my nose!" Now, I translated that to "Mom, I have a BEE in my nose" and in my head, I'm thinking, how in the heck did a BEE get in her nose? I never would've thought she'd have a bead in there! SO, after confirming the bead issue, I made several different attempts to get it out. Couldn't be done. Called the nurse's advice line-every bit of advice she gave, I'd already tried. So, it was off the the drs (45 minutes away, mind you!) to get the bead removed.


This is Liv, crying, after I made a last valant attempt to get the bead out myself, while sitting in the room, waiting for the dr. Funny thing is, every nurse and Dr said, "Oh, she did such a boy thing!" Hmm...They don't know my kids well, do they????
So, here's the bead-The dr said A) how in the heck did she get that shoved so far in there and B) there's no way we could've got it out ourselves. *sigh*

No comments: